Guro Diana has been teaching the martial and defense arts since 1994. Her students vary from those seeking personal self defense and fitness, to martial artists and instructors seeking technical information and curriculum development as well as law enforcement and security personnel.
From 1993 - today she has been teaching classes at Minnesota Kali Group, at various locations around the Twin Cities and, when she's on the road, at a variety of places around the country and even internationally. Her classes, seminars and private trainings on a variety of martial art, self defense and law enforcement/security topics are well regarded. Through her twenty year apprenticeship to Guro Rick Faye and her many opportunities as his seminar assistant, she has become one of the top female martial arts instructors in the country. Diana is known for her ability to adapt her curriculum and teaching methods to a variety of clientele. In addition, she is sought out for direction and mentoring by martial artists from around the globe.
Seminars & Workshops:
Diana has delivered seminars and workshops on martial arts topics ranging from Weaponry and JKD to Muay Thai and Panantukan. Locations include England, Scotland, Seattle, WA; Minneapolis, MN; Madison, WI; Rockford, IL. She was also an assistant instructor to Rick Faye at seminars in Germany, France, UK, Seattle, Madison, Minneapolis, Chicago and other Minnesota locations.
Minnesota Kali Group (1993 - current): Thousands of hours teaching Kali weaponry, Filipino Boxing (Panantukan), Muay Thai (Thai Boxing), Phase classes (The MKG Method of blended or Mixed Martial arts), Women’s Kickboxing and Self Defense.
Lifetime Fitness, Lakeville, MN: weekly Muay Thai classes 2012 - 2015
Sealed Mindset, New Hope, MN: a Stick & Knife class. 2013 - 2016
Minneapolis Community Technical College: Minneapolis, MN Adjunct Instructor: Women's Self Defense January 2017 - current
Bills Gun Shop and Range: Self defense, martial arts & combatives: Tuesday and Wednesday evenings: February 2017 - current
Mentoring/Instructor Development: Instructor development and mentoring for numerous martial artists over the last 20 years. Local, national and international clients have benefitted from Guro Diana's coaching in this area.
- Bi-monthly women’s self defense workshops at the Minnesota Kali Group (1993-2015).
- Local workshops at schools, businesses and organizations around the Twin Cities.
- One and two day seminars on self defense Seattle, WA; Duluth, MN; Madison, WI and in Aberdeen, Scotland.
ILEETA (International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Assoc.) Conference Presenter: 2011-2017
- Combative Movement Enhancement Drills for Law Enforcement - 2016, 2015
- Developing Street Combat Skills in Law Enforcement Officers - 2013, 2014
- Surviving the UFC Generation: MMA for Law Enforcement - 2011, 2012
- Assistant Instructor Rob Mahoney: The Bourne Alternative: Improvised Weapons Training for LE - 2010
PoliceOne Video Instructor: Tutorials on a variety of subjects for Law Enforcement Professionals.
Arrestling Oﬃcer Safety Conference presenter: Edged Weapon Defense - 2014, 2015
Arkansas Women’s Law Enforcement Conference: DT Instructor - Empty Hands & Ground Tactics
LETOA Conference Instructor: 2012-2013
- Developing the Fighter’s Edge: Empty Hands Defensive Tactics - 2013
- Edged Weapons Defense - 2012
- Empty Hands Defensive Tactics - 2012
MTOA (Midwest Tactical Oﬃcer's Association) Conference Instructor: 2005-2010, 2014
- Edged weapon Defense Lead Instructor: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Tactical Ground Fighting - Assistant Instructor: Assistant instructor to Stanley Philips 2006 - 2010
- Empty Hands / Close Quarter Fighting - Assistant Instructor to Peter Hetrick- 2007, 2009, 2010, 2014
- Fighting Fitness for Law Enforcement - Lead Instructor: 2009
Minneapolis P.D. Assistant Instructor: Edged Weapons Defense - Assistant to Officer Tim Hanks - 2008, 2009, 2013
Eau Claire P.D. SWAT (Eau Claire, WI): Team building; Entry Tactics solutions - 2010, 2011
Presenter: International Association of Women Police - Ground tactics - 2010